Saturday, February 13, 2010

day 41

Well, I had a good run. I made it 40 days without skipping a workout. This week has been tough, though, and I've decided to "listen to my body", as they say. I'm feeling a little run down...tired...hungry...weak. I pushed through a couple of workouts this week, and had less than stellar results because of it. So, I figured it was just best if I leave today alone, skip it, and try to rest for tomorrow.

I think there are a few reasons for this:

1) SNOW- Over the past 7 days, we've received over 40 inches of snow. This last storm was the heavy, icy kind of snow, which made shoveling the driveway an effort. Also, working outside in the cold weather, constantly bundled up, takes its toll on the body...even when you're NOT training for an IRONMAN.

2) DIET - Since I'm almost 20 pounds lighter, I've decided to reduce my daily caloric intake by about 200 cals. I'm not sure this was such a good idea, since I only went down a pound at this weeks weigh-in. I think my body is retaining things that it wasn't before. (My non-scientific diagnosis, anyway).

3) LACK OF SLEEP- For some reason, I'm having a hard time sleeping. Its like my mind is always "on". Part of it may be from being on the run so much...it just feels like my first chance of relaxation comes after 10pm on most nights.

I think all of this is piling up, and pulling me down. I'm hoping to snap out of it...but I just constantly have the feeling of needing a cup of coffee to pick me up. Hopefully, I will have better news tomorrow about how the old body is feeling. Maybe I can even get a good workout in to raise the spirits. Hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid to rest. I should talk, but I'm learning it does work. Lots of time to LP.

    ReplyDelete