Tuesday, February 9, 2010

day 37

The plan called for a swim + 1:00 run. I felt fine during my swim warmup, then a feeling of lightheadedness kicked in, but I pushed through anyway. I swam like an angry fish during the main part of the workout (3 broken 300's, 100+ 2 50's + 4 25's), with the 100's in the 1:14- 1:20 range, the 50's in the 32-35, and the 25's as low as 14 seconds. I pushed, and I knew I wasn't feeling that good...and I knew I had to run after, which I totally wasn't looking forward to. When I got upstairs to the run portion, I sucked as bad as expected. I managed about 40 minutes, of flat out muscling through, before I said "fuck it" and gave in to myself. I struggled the whole time with thoughts and questions about whether this whole thing is a good idea or not. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I can only hope.

SWIM, 12oo wu, (3) broken 300's, 100cd
RUN, 40:00, 138 bpm, 589 cals

2 comments:

  1. "I once met three guys named pain, suffering and sacrifice. Now, we're inseparable. We're best friends." LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Tough day. Even Lance probably whimpers once in a while.

    ReplyDelete