Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"It might rain on race day."

Had a nice easy day at work, which I figured would be great for allowing me to get off in time for the Wednesday night ride. The only problem was the "usual" Wednesday weather forecast of showers/Tstorms from 5-8. In the beginning of the day, I was very optimistic that the rain would hold off, like it did LAST week. But as the day went on, the clouds started to roll in, and the rain started to fall. I really figured this would end my hopes of getting a ride in tonight. After about an hour, the rain ended at 4pm, and the roads quickly dried, leaving me with that optimistic feeling again. I rushed home, put on the bike gear, threw the bike on the roof, and headed out to Clearview HS to meet up with everyone. On my way out, it started to sprinkle. Then, I get a text from Bryan that says its "pouring" in Deptford, and he's baggin. So, I was still heading out, but I really wasn't expecting to find anyone to ride with. I pull in, and Richard immediately follows me in. I pull next to him and he tells me that Karen is going to go for it, and since he didn't want her to have to ride alone, he would ride with her. That was all I needed to hear. I got off early, dragged myself out in the rain, and now I had people to ride with. Needless to say, it was, in fact, WET...but, we made the most of it, and now that I'm all dried off, it doesn't really matter. In fact, I'm GLAD i went.

bike (Wednesday night P-Shop ride in RAIN), 1:20, 23.87 miles, 17.5 avg, 132bpm, 1060cal

No comments:

Post a Comment