Saturday, August 15, 2009

anarchy


Since I have been working for 12 straight days without a day off, and since I have my fundraiser for 24 Hours Of Booty tonight from 7-10...I decided to wake up at 6:30 instead of 5:45 and go ride with my brother-in-law, Ben. The *plan was for an easy zone 2/3 ride for 2 hours, which I was totally down for and kinda needed. What *actually happened, was Bens friend, who he refers to as "Sid Vicious", showed up and pushed the pace a bit for both of us.

I realized while riding that I will need to be more in control of my own situation as the race gets closer. I will have to learn to focus on what I need to do, and not so much what everyone else is doing, which might actually be harder than just doing it. (if that makes any sense at all)

Anyway, for now, it was a good ride. VERY nice morning...and even though I didn't quite have "the legs" today, it was fun to mostly sit in (often at 22+mph) and chill for 2 hours.

bike (with Ben and Sid), 2:06, 39.4 miles, 19.2 avg, 140bpm, 1859cal

No comments:

Post a Comment