Sunday, May 2, 2010

day 116/117

Slacking on posts this weekend, I guess. Had to work yesterday, and today had some stuff going on as well. Yesterday, during my lunch break, I stopped at REI and bought some "sun sleeves". The sun, and the damage it causes, has been on my mind a lot recently...with the death of my cousin Joe last month (melanoma), and my dad has also had some run in with some pre-cancerous spots. So, to play it safe, I read about "sun sleeves" and May being Melanoma Awareness Month, and decided to give them a try. I was a little skeptical about whether they'd make me hot (not in the "thats hot" kinda way, but in the temperature way). Anyway, I wore them today for the first time on my bike ride, and they worked out. It was weird, because when I was riding, I was not hot at all...but then after, just sitting there, they did get a little hot. I will definitely be using them more.

One week til the NJ DEVILMAN HALF/LITE TRI. http://www.piranha-sports.com/Race72.aspx

I'm starting to get nervous..and starting to think about things like, 1) what will I wear. 2) what should I eat during. 3) what should I expect, since I've never done an open water swim with a wetsuit (therefore, never transitioned in a wetsuit)...etc. I guess thats what this race is all about. Working out the kinks. Hopefully the weather works for me. Physically, I feel like I'm ready. I've done everything that I'm supposed to do up til now. The distances are totally do-able, and I feel like I could have a really good race. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Here's the info from the last two days:

DAY 116
RUN- (started my run at 5:23 am, since I had to work)- 1:28:40, 9.17 miles (9:40/mile) 136bpm, 1606 cals

DAY 117
BIKE- 3:22:48, 59.04 miles, 17.6mph, 124bpm, 4591 cals

No comments:

Post a Comment