Sunday, October 25, 2009

10/25


So...today the weather forecast was calling for sunny and 62. It should come as no surprise to anyone that I really don't like to ride when its cold outside. Yeah, they say the high was 62, but I would be riding at 9am. It was probably a little over 50 when I rolled out.

Immediately, I felt a chill on my legs. I was wearing tights, but it felt like the wind was blowing through them. Yes, wind. The wind would turn out to be brutal on this ride. The whole time I was riding, the wind seemed to be in my face. I would check the flags at schools, post offices, etc...and they were always blowing in a different direction. It was only for about 10 mins that I felt I had a really nice tailwind. The rest of the time, I was battling.

There is also the issue of the crap in the road from storms, etc. Leaves and branches, wet and dry, puddles, potholes...all of the above. Sure does seem like I'm complaining a lot, huh?

Anyway, it was worth it, because eventually I got to the lake up there. Nice, nice view.

BIKE, 1:41:00, 30.65 miles, 17.0 avg, 120 bpm, 1510cals

No comments:

Post a Comment